Homes continue to go up everywhere, and new businesses are building/opening.
In addition to the visual evidence we can see in the area, here are some impressive stats:
- Buckeye is the 7th fastest growing city in the U.S. (West Valley View article)
- Goodyear announced that UPS is bring 1,500 jobs to the region (AZ Central article)
- The Agua Fria Union High School District is now building the first new high school in the West Valley in 10 years (West Valley View article)
It’s an exciting time for ministry, because each new home and every new person is one that Jesus wants to be a part of His family!
Jesus once sent his disciples into ministry and told them:
“The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields.” (Luke 10:2, NLT)
Today I’m asking you to join me in praying the same way!
- Pray for the Lord to raise up more and more leaders.
- Pray for more people who commit to faithfully serve in our church and community.
- Pray for the next generation to have a heart for Jesus and His Kingdom.
Pray those things for Summit–and other churches as well. As we plan for ministry this fall and in the coming years, I can’t wait to see what the Holy Spirit has in store!
God is giving us the opportunity to build our first permanent church facility at a pivotal time in the West Valley. How we raise up leaders and prepare people for ministry is a key priority (for our ministry today and how we get ready for tomorrow).
With that in mind, I want to invite you to serve and become a part of our ministry team:
Click on the link above to share some possible ways you’d like to serve–and our team will get in touch. This is a great time to get connected (or re-engaged) as we prepare for new ministry opportunities this new school year.
Thanks to everyone who gives, serves and leads in so many ways! I am humbled and excited to see how Jesus is working through our church to change lives.
Yours in Christ,