Thank you to everyone who brought in teacher supplies the past couple weeks to bless the staff at Verrado High School (the school where we worship).
The gift baskets were assembled and delivered all over the school on Monday…
We received a huge stack of thank you notes back from the teachers, who wanted to share their appreciation for what you did.
Here are a few of the comments from their cards:
- Thank you all so much for being supportive, loving and encouraging to all VHS staff. We couldn’t do this without you and are so grateful!
- Your gifts will benefit our kids, and for that I am grateful.
- Thank you so much for the school supplies. We really do appreciate the materials – but more importantly the thought of us.
- Thank you for prayers – they keep us going!
- Thank you and your congregation for not only the supplies for the classroom, but also for your work in Christ.
I’m grateful for your generosity and for all the ways you’re making a difference in the West Valley!
Come join us this Sunday and invite some friends as our Parenting through Proverbs series continues.
The message this week will focus on a key area of parenting where every parent would like to succeed: Discipline!
God’s Word certainly provides some practical wisdom to help people succeed with kids and grandkids. But also shares a key insight (that every parent needs to know) about why kids tend to disobey (and what is needed most in response).
Our Summit Kids and Apex Student Ministry also have some fantastic age-targeted resources available in the lobby to help parents make the most of this season with their child.
As we saw this past week, the wisdom of Proverbs speaks to everyone who wants to be wise and succeed in life. Even if you aren’t actively parenting, I hope you will join us to learn what God wants to do in you (and through you as you influence others).
I’m very excited about this Sunday and look forward to seeing you there!
P.S. On Sunday we are also doing a Backpack Blessing for all students in their preschool through high school areas. We encourage kids those ages to bring their backpack with them and get a special gift to help remind them that God goes with them every day!